Skip to content

Sussexes ‘snubbed’ from royal gathering to mark one year since Queen’s death – latest

  • by

[ad_1]

Meghan Markle says Queen Elizabeth ‘was always wonderful’

The Duchess of Sussex is celebrating her 4nd birthday today, amid reports that she and her husband, Prince Harry, did not receive an invite to attend a royal family gathering to honour Queen Elizabeth II on her one-year death anniversary.

On 8 September, King Charles III is expected to commemorate his mother at a gathering in Balmoral Castle.

A source told The Sun that there has not been “any outreach” to the Duke and Duchess of Sussex regarding the royal event.

The guest list of the event reportedly includes attendance from Prince William, his wife Kate, and their three children.

King Charles’s brother Prince Andrew is also expected to make an appearance at the event.

One day after the Balmoral Ceremony, Prince Harry will travel to Düsseldorf, Germany, for the 2023 Invictus Games from 9 September. His wife will reportedly join him a few days later and accompany him to events ahead of the closing ceremony on 16 September.

Last night (Thursday 3 August), Harry and Meghan were spotted leaving a celebrity hotspot restaurant in Montecito, California on Wednesday night, presumably as part of her birthday celebrations.

1691139608

This year marks a very different birthday for Meghan Markle and Prince Harry, following their step back from royal duties in 2020 and the release of Prince Harry’s tell-all memoir Spare earlier this year, in which the duke made several accusations about his fraught relationship with senior members of the royal family.

Last year, William and Kate, the Prince and Princess of Wales, along with King Charles and Queen Camilla, publicly shared birthday wishes for Meghan on social media. At the time of writing, the official Twitter accounts for the King or Prince William have not wished the duchess a happy birthday.

In June, there was radio silence from senior members of the royal family on social media as Harry and Meghan’s daughter, Princess Lilbet, celebrated her second birthday.

Peony Hirwani4 August 2023 10:00

1691138731

Duke and Duchess of Sussex celebrate Meghan’s 42nd birthday at Montecito restaurant

The Duke and Duchess of Sussex were spotted leaving a celebrity hotspot restaurant in Montecito, California on Wednesday night (2 August), ahead of Meghan Markle’s birthday today (Friday 4 August).

In photos obtained by The Daily Mail, the couple were seen leaving the Italian restaurant Tre Lune and were accompanied by their friend Matt Cohen.

The outing served as a pre-birthday celebration for Meghan, who turns 42 today.

Peony Hirwani4 August 2023 09:45

1691137866

Prince Harry and Meghan Markle ‘snubbed’ from Queen’s death anniversary ceremony

Prince Harry and Meghan Markle reportedly did not receive an invitation for a royal family gathering to mark one year since the death of Queen Elizabeth II.

On 8 September, King Charles III is expected to commemorate his mother at a gathering in Balmoral Castle.

The day will also mark the anniversary of the King’s accession.

A source told The Sun that there has not been “any outreach” to the Duke and Duchess of Sussex regarding the royal event.

“If they are not included in any of those plans they will find a way to mark the significance in their own way,” the source said.

Peony Hirwani4 August 2023 09:31

[ad_2]

Source link